Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

The mfg/del of heroin carries a 4-15 year prison term. She

The mfg/del of heroin carries...
The mfg/del of heroin carries a 4-15 year prison term. She plead guilty to that charge last year. She then broke probation by testing positive for cocaine and once again she broke probation by getting her second dui. The state then amended her probation and added the first dui. On Sept 7th she will be getting sentenced and re-sentenced for these charges. I was in court when she plead guilty to the second dui and was given a year in jail but it was reduced to 60 days. At that point she decided to take the mfg/del and 2nd dui to trial but 2 days later she ended up pleading guilty to everything. Is it unlikely that she is only dong 60 days for all of these charges? Also, the court dockets say nothing about 60 days only that she will be sentenced and re-sentenced. Would the dockets state sentencing and re-sentencing if she had already made a deal with the state?
8/1/2012
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
It is unlikely she will only do 60 days for all of that and a revocation of her probation. The sentencing is for the new charge and the re-sentencing is for the probation charge.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer