How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27749
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is on an ankle braclet (house arrest) for possesion

Customer Question

My son is on an ankle braclet (house arrest) for possesion of nonperscription drugs. He got out of rehad about 6 weeks ago. He wants to go back into rehab now. Is this possible with the braclet on? What do I have to do to get him back into rehab now? Thanks you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

He would have to get the permission of the probation officer who is monitoring his compliance with house arrest. If for some reason they refuse to let him enter rehab then you would need to get hold of his lawyer to get him back before the judge, who could overrule probation.