Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What is the result in court for a misdemeanor under age drinking

citation?...
What is the result in court for a misdemeanor under age drinking citation?
8/1/2012
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Generally it will be a slap on the wrist, a fine and 3-6 months of probation during which he will have to do some community service. However, TN does also suspend his license for 90 days for this offense.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Thank you for the information. One additional question, since he is starting college in late August and needs transportation to and from school, in your experience, will a judge - instead of license suspension - consider restricted use instead?

I appreciate the information, so will have a general sense of what to expect.

Denise

No, suspension is mandatory and setup by the state, the judge doesn't have any control over it. However, what you may want to consider is hiring a lawyer in that area who does criminal law. If they have a good relationship with the DA they may be able to get him a pretrial diversion or get the charge changed to something else that doesn't require the suspension. It happens all the time on a first offense, but it takes a little maneuvering.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer