Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My tenant was evicted and he came back to the property and

Customer Question
proceeded to change the locks,disarm...
My tenant was evicted and he came back to the property and proceeded to change the locks,disarm the burglar alarm,change the garage code of the existing tenant and also locked the gates in the side yard so the rear of the house could not be entered;how can I file a lawsuit against himMy son in law who is in the middle of a divorce with my daughter The property is located in Deerfield Illinois
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 5 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer

dkennedy :

dkennedy :

I'd be glad to answer this for you. You can always sue him in small claims court for the amount it cost you to change back the locks and so on. But, once he was evicted, he came onto your property and did damage so he could be criminally charged with criminal trespass or even burglary if he entered the garage or any structure. You should fill out a criminal complaint at the local police station.

dkennedy :
dkennedy :

I see you are not online right now, so I will check back later for any follow up questions you might have.

JACUSTOMER-ck6w0oml- :

Does it matter if I wait two weeks to pursue this and if he was invited in as a guest is he still trespassing and comitting a criminal crime?

dkennedy :

No, that wouldn't matter according to the law, but the police might consider it a family matter. How is he still treaspassing? you let him stay?

dkennedy :
dkennedy
dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer