Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

with a felony on my record what do i need to do so i can own

Customer Question
a gun . its been...
with a felony on my record what do i need to do so i can own a gun . its been almost 10
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/3/2012
Criminal Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for your question today. I appreciate your patience while I responded to you. Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", PLEASE STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

You would need to first apply for and be granted a full pardon. Assuming you are granted a full pardon (and pardons are very rarely granted), you could then file for restoration of firearm rights. Even then, just so you know, the Board of Pardons and Parole will generally only consider restoring gun rights to an individual where they require a gun for their livelihood, and the inability to own a weapon is interfering with that.

Thus, it is a long shot, and it's not a quick process by any means, but that is the process you would have to go through.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

I see you rated me poor service. Is there something I can clarify for you or is there additional information that you need?

I realize that you are unhappy with the law, but I cannot control what it says - I can only tell you what the process is.

For future reference pressing a “1” or a "2" provides me with a negative rating from the website and reflects poorly on my work. If you need a follow-up request, please press the CONTINUE CONVERSATION link PRIOR TO RATING THE ANSWER and as I stated above, I will be happy to respond further.

RobertJDFL, Lawyer