How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102597
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the verbiage I use to request the judge who signed

This answer was rated:

What is the verbiage I use to request the judge who signed the order of protection I initiated for my son, to cancel this order.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I am typing out my answer. Please remember that this is general information only, not legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed.

Can you please tell me if the matter has now concluded (final orders), or is the matter still pending and only temporary orders are in place?

Is this a criminal or civil matter?

This not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Son violated first order, and violated second order. Has not brought any

harm to me. Went to jail in April will be sentenced next week re a burgulary charge. Criminal matter

Thank you for your reply.

The thing is, once you file a complaint, the matter is "out of your hands." It is the District Attorney that brings the charges on behalf of the state, and so it is the district attorney that would have to drop them. At this point, you are but a witness, albeit a very important witness, but you do not have control of the outcome of the case.

Ergo, you would go to the District Attorney's office and ask them to drop the charges. They may not agree. If not, then your next best step is to work with his defense attorney and let the District attorney know that you would not be their witness and would work for the defense. Hopefully, this will dissuade the DA from prosecuting the case and agree to work out a deal where the matter is settled.

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes people have limited avenues to seek relief. Please understand that this is not the expert’s fault. Surely, you prefer that I tell you the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Please keep this in mind when rating my answer. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

I hope this finds you well. Please click Reply to Expert to keep talking, or rate my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Otherwise, reply to chat more until we are finished and you are ready to rate. I work very hard to formulate an informative answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups free after rating.)
Ely and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you