How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34522
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was threatened verbally and physically at a city park by

This answer was rated:

I was threatened verbally and physically at a city park by a city appointed concessionaire. Is there a time limit for me to file, and what prevents him from saying the same about me?
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

There is a time limit. That is the statute of limitations.

For criminal case, there is a 1 year statute of limitations. SO you have year to file a criminal complaint.

And vice versa. They have a year to complain about you

Now...on the civil side you have a bit more time. You have 2 years to file a civil case for assault if you were harmed by this at all.

P. Simmons and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions