Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son and his wife have been teaching overseas and he and

his family were coming back...
My son and his wife have been teaching overseas and he and his family were coming back through Customs in a large Texas airport when he was arrested for Grand Larceny. He was taken to jail. Apparently, an old business partner filed against him. What is his next step to get this settled and will this prevent him from returning to work overseas in 6 weeks?
7/2/2012
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
He needs to hire a lawyer ASAP if he has not already done so. He will be arraigned on the charges which is just an initial court appearance. Bond will be set if it has not already been and he will receive a new court date where his attorney and the prosecutor can negotiate the case.

Regarding his travel that depends on the conditions of bond imposed by the judge. Unless his travel is restricted by order of the court or by his contract with his bondsman, then he is free to travel anywhere so long as he makes all of his court dates.
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer