Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Pleaded guilty to dwi after pleading was told its a felony

Customer Question

pleaded guilty to dwi after pleading was told its a felony in the year 1989 no problem with law sense then
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

If you want to have the matter expunged from your record, you will need to apply for and be granted a Pardon/Clemency from the Governor of Texas

I suggest you can use this link for more information about the pardon process and getting an application.

The pardon will not guarantee that you will be given an expungment, but is does make you eligible to Petition the Court of conviction.

Please note if you have other questions use the REPLY to EXPERT to Continue the Conversation . Otherwise, please give a positive rating. This will NOT close your question and it will be available for future follow up

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
according to forms if there are more than this conviction on my record its a waste of time for me to apply i did attend aa for years and have been sober and clean for 23 years would that make a difference
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Unfortunately, not. If you have a prior conviction, then you cannot get pardoned. Without the Pardon you cannot get it expunged.

I'm sorry. I wish there was a solution for you. But I don't make the laws or rules. I only provide true and correct information.

Thank you