How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33399
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How far can I go when I chose exercise my rights under the

This answer was rated:

How far can I go when I chose exercise my rights under the Constitution in order to protect my property and property interest?

I am aware that someone has been using my personal home address for DMV purposes which I have not agreed to. In fact, advised them that they need to remove thier vehicle registration, license and any other DMV matter to thier own address or at least, separate and apart from my property. The continued use of my property through documentation has caused me a great deal of stress, frustration and fear of having my home at risk should anything occurs and my home becomes attached. Do I have a right to establish and create ample evidence by capturing thier vechicle license plates? They responded that I am harrassing them and that I better not be seen following them. The police and DMV has no interest and I want to get this issue to court for an order to have them stop. So, my question is how far can I go in order to protect my property, absent of violence of course. Thank you Hampshire
You would have the right to investigate and accumulate proof of some form of identity theft or irregularities. If they get a court order against you then you would, of course, have to obey the court order. You also couldn't break any laws, again of course, such as breaking into their home, etc. but as long as you are obeying the law then you can accumulate evidence.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you