How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer because my neighbor vandalized my fence.

Resolved Question:

I need a lawyer because my neighbor vandalized my fence.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.
DearCustomer- You really don't need a lawyer to file criminal charges. all you need to do is call the police and report the crime of vandalism or criminal damaging. the prosecuting attorney will then handle the case. If you want to file a civil case you can sue in small claims court without the need for an attorney and the court should have all the necessary forms available. An attorney would probably charge you more than the damage that was caused so it would not be economically feasible to spend the money on an attorney even if you could collect for the damages. So I would contact the police and then file a small claims court case on your own for the damages caused.
Dave Kennett and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions