How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20243
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine was wrongly convicted of sexual act without

Resolved Question:

A friend of mine was wrongly convicted of sexual act without any evidence in the state of Fl. It is so sad there is no real justice The girl who framed him has been of FB bragging about how she was able to destroy his life. What can we do to try and prove he is innocent and fight for his freedom? How can a person lie and destroy someone life and the court allow it with no sufficient evidence!??
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

First, just to be clear the testimony of an alleged victim is 'evidence.' Real life criminal law does not require forensic evidence in every case and lawful convictions occur on a daily basis with only eyewitness and victim testimony, as well as circumstantial evidence. So, there was evidence, and would have to be, in order to convict your friend of a crime. That said, if there is good evidence that a material witness committed perjury, then that can either be presented to the State in an effort to get them to come forward and ask the court to release the person who was convicted, or this evidence can be taken to a criminal defense attorney who practices post-conviction criminal law to see if they think it is enough to either get the person release or at least a new trial. There are also groups like the "Innocence Project" that take cases with merit.
Marsha411JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you