Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My wife thinks I molested her daughter 54 yrs old and she has

Customer Question
huntingtons diease. Can her word...
My wife thinks I molested her daughter 54 yrs old and she has huntingtons diease. Can her word to the police have me put in jail?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX shall do whatever I possibly can to provide you with helpful information about the law. Please keep in mind that, although I am an attorney, I am prohibited from giving customers of the site legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship on this forum.

If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The suspicion of your wife alone would typically not be sufficient for the police to place you in jail.

If your wife reports her suspicions, the police may conduct an investigation. If they find sufficient cause to believe that a crime has been committed, the police shall forward their information to the district attorney. The district attorney will then determine whether or not to file charges and you will have an opportunity to present your defenses in court

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question
Ellen, Lawyer
Ellen, Lawyer