Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

my husband and i just had are roof done and the people who

Customer Question
did it let a mess...
my husband and i just had are roof done and the people who did it let a mess of roofing staples and nails and the air conditioner was not sealed around the base cold air was coming out and we had to seal it. anyway i was walking out into the back yard and we have already told him there were staples and nails in the back yard,well i step on a staple and it went into my foot a inch (right heel) now i have to get a shot. my husband had to come home from work to pull it out of my foot because it was bent. and we still owe him money what can we do. oh and we were gone and he blew a circuit in the garage and we have a freezer in there with all are meat and fod lost over a hunred dollars worth of food. what can we do?

thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify: how much are your total out of pocket expenses?
we are not out money, we still owe him 700.00 waiting on insurance check that fact remains that he said he cleaned the back yard up and i and my husband and i have found a half a sandwich bag full and there are lots more. for food in the freezer 125.00 and now i have to go to the doctor and get a tetanus shot and it hurt it went in side ways a inch!
Okay. I understand what a shot feels like and I also understand what it feels like to step on a rusty nail.

How much money are you seeking from him?
all we want to know is he liable? for anything
Yes, he is liable for your losses. You can submit a written demand to him to turn in to his insurance company.

If he refuses payment then you can sue him in small claims court for your damages and seek compensation that way.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to give you excellent service!"
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer