How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I check my criminal history from 35 years ago

Resolved Question:

How do I check my criminal history from 35 years ago
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.

The Clerk of Court's Office in the county in which you were charged would have any records pertaining to your charges. Alternatively, the FBI runs a background checking service and you could obtain a record of the information that has been reported to the FBI (minor crimes may not have made it that far and you may only be able to get those records at the Clerk's Office). Another alternative is to contact the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, as the Division provides a service called the Personal Criminal History Record Review Program. The Program can provide information pertaining to criminal records maintained by the division, though the same issue may exist with minor charges and the Clerk of Court's Office in the county in which charges took place may have more detailed information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a legal online service.
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. If you're wondering whether or not you can retain an attorney through the internet, I can respond to that. You can find an attorney online using,, or a New York referral service. You can then discuss and further address the matter with the attorney on the telephone, via email, through fax, or through regular mail, depending on the manner in which the attorney prefers to do business. In that way, it's possible to retain an attorney without being present at his office.
AttorneyTom and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you