How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On a Federal Criminal case if a disposition states 48 months

This answer was rated:

On a Federal Criminal case if a disposition states 48 months probation and to pay a fine of $10,000 over a 12 month term of home confinement -

If it took the defendant 8 years to pay off the $10,000 would that mean that the probation was extended past the 48 months up until the Satisfaction of Judgment?
Or would they still be released from probation even though the fine was still outstanding?
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

The person was on probation for 48 months only.

Only a separate court order can extend probation. If no such ordered was issued, then probation was not extended.

Understand that a person can released from probation and still be responsible for making the outstanding financial payments.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied and select the Happy Smiley Face.
JB Umphrey and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you