Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

If I have been on formal probation for 3 years and its about

If I have been on formal probation for 3 years and its about to end, I plea bargained but I regret doing so and my lawyer did not help me, I was unable to bail out because as I did the police arrested me again and stacked up charges against me for another city I feel as if I did not get a fair chance and I want to know if I have any opportunity to fix this
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Unfortunately, the time to file a post conviction motion is long passed. It would have had to be done within 18 months. The other thing is, if you filed and it was granted, you would have had to have a trial - in other words, a new trial would have been ordered. Since you pled guilty, you are unable to have an appeal.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking either the GREEN ACCEPT or the SMILEY FACE as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you