How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have been on formal probation for 3 years and its about

Resolved Question:

If I have been on formal probation for 3 years and its about to end, I plea bargained but I regret doing so and my lawyer did not help me, I was unable to bail out because as I did the police arrested me again and stacked up charges against me for another city I feel as if I did not get a fair chance and I want to know if I have any opportunity to fix this
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :


Samuel-II :

Unfortunately, the time to file a post conviction motion is long passed. It would have had to be done within 18 months. The other thing is, if you filed and it was granted, you would have had to have a trial - in other words, a new trial would have been ordered. Since you pled guilty, you are unable to have an appeal.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking either the GREEN ACCEPT or the SMILEY FACE as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you