Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Crim Defense Atty
Experience:  CA Atty since 1976, primarily criminal law. 150+ jury trials.
11056146

Looking for an update on a case out of Orange County, CA.

Customer Question

I was looking on an update to a case out of Orange County, California. I have the prisoner's name's ***** ***** female from the Philippines. Charge was possible murder, but not sure, I believe her boyfriend killed their son while she was out. I was trying to find her name in the system. Thanks.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.
You can check with the criminal court website for Orange County CA. Here is the website if you want to do further research.
https://ocapps.occourts.org/Vision_Public/SearchCase.do
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would she show up if the charges were dropped? I know she did time awaiting trial, she was featured on the show LockUp on MSNBC.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/a-clockwork-orange/lae-thongphun-fox-chau-le/
That is the case, although the mom isn’t featured much in this article.
I have no way of checking anything other than the official court records. If her name doesn't appear then there was never a case or it was under some other name. You can use the website to check out any name you wish but other than that I know of no way to get any other official information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So that site would show Orange County cases?
Yes, it shows all cases in the county.
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 5 years ago.
The case is under the name Marykay Meguines Concepcion and the case number ***** ***** ("W" indicates it is in the West Justice Center branch of the Orange County Superior Court and "F" indicates that it is a felony. If you go to the court website and enter either the case number ***** her full name, the case info will come up. She is charged with murder (PC 187, subd. (a)), and the case was last in court for pre-trial conference on January 27th in courtroom W14 (Judge John S. Adams). The next court date is May 4, 2012, for pretrial conference. Miss Concepcion is now out of custody on a $20,000 bond (which is extraordinarily low for a murder case, suggesting -- along with the fact that her case is set for pretrial the day after the scheduled start of her former boyfriend's jury trial -- that she is cooperating with the prosecution and likely to be a witness against him).
The boyfriend's name is***** is charged with murder and child assault causing death in case number ***** His case is set for jury trial at 9:00 am on May 3, 2012, in courtroom C5, the master calendar court in Santa Ana (Judge Craig Robison, a former colleague of mine when I was a DDA in Orange County). Since that is a master calendar court, if it is actually going to trial that day it will be sent out to another court for that purpose.
If you have any other questions about this, please let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks! A fantastic answer. I really appreciate it.
You're welcome. If you need anything else, let me know.
Jim Reilly, Crim Defense Atty
Experience: CA Atty since 1976, primarily criminal law. 150+ jury trials.