How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a North Carolina case number XXXXX defendants full name,

Resolved Question:

I have a North Carolina case number XXXXX defendant's full name, from an arrest in April 2010. How can I determine the charges against the individual and the case outcome?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


If you know what county the case was in, you can call the District Court (misdemeanor court) and the Superior Court (felony court) for the county and ask the clerk to look up the matter on the docket by the person's name or case number. The documents are public record, so you'd be entitled to know the result of the case.


If you don't know what county this occurred in, it will be much harder. Your best option in that case would be to do a background check on the person online. It should should any criminal history, and give you the name of the court/county this occurred in.

Roger and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you