Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have two violations on my record - 140.05 PL fined $25. and…

I have two violations on...
I have two violations on my record - 140.05 PL fined $25. and 240.20-7. This occured over 30+ yrs ago - during a nite out with buddies. I was arrested for 140.35 and 155.30-1.
My question is: I've worked for the same bank for 25yrs and they reviewed these violations and accepted them as not a concern of the FDI Act (sec 19) Federal Reg. However, my current bank is being sold to another Bank and they are requesting I complete a disclosure form which reads -
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OR AGREED TO ENTER INTO A PRE-TRIAL DIVERSION,DISPOSITION,ADJUDICATION IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR - YES OR NO.

If yes, they are requesting further details - list nature of the offense, conviction date and ajil time or probation (I only paid a fine - no jail time of probation) Q: what is the actual Offense and what was I convicted of exactly?

I was originally told by my lawyer (30+) these violations would need affect my employement record but I'm not sure how to answer this question.

Look forward to your reply - please
3/11/2012
Neither of these charges are a misdemeanor or a felony. Both charges are a violation, which means if asked about misdemeanor or felony convictions you can say "no." You were not convicted of a misdemeanor or felony and if the charges were not part of pretrial diversion for the felony/misdemeanors of the burglary and grand larceny you can still answer "no" as you were convicted of Trespass and Disorderly Conduct, both of which are violations.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT and/or the HAPPY SMILEY FACE button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

THANK YOU - So I do I answer their question as stated by them......should I provide them with my violations?
If you were not convicted or did not receive some deferred adjudication for the burglary/grand larceny charge, then you can answer "No." As far as informing them about the violations that is up to you, but it is not required.
Thank you Paul - One last question... In a criminal background check - what will show on my record the charge or the disposition or both - and what should I provide to the new bank if asked for proof of the disposition?
Your record would show the arrest for the charges you were actually arrested for but it would show dismissed. You can seek to get the record sealed if they were dismissed. If the new bank asks for dispositions you can get that from the clerk of court's office.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer