Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have suspected somebody of being a pedephile for years. Recently…

Customer Question
I have suspected somebody of...
I have suspected somebody of being a pedephile for years. Recently this person admitted being attracted to very young girls. He told me he never touched a child though. Recently I found audio cassette tapes where he is describing molesting a girl and what he did to her. She was between three and five when he did this. She is now 19. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/7/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
All you can really do is report it to the police and the child protective services. With the audio tape they should take you seriously.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

No im not satisfied I live with this person hes my dad.... I wanna know is there a statute of limitations in nevada?

There are statutes of limitations but they periodically change and it would require knowing when the act was committed and then following through each change to determine if it has ever been time barred.

Currently, the statute of limitations in NV is the time the victim reaches 21 or 28 years of age, depending on the facts. You can red the exact statutes at http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-171.html#NRS171Sec083 and look at statute 171.095.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
well let me see what other evidence I can find. Hes already a felon but there are complications with me having to be the one that puts his sick ass away. too much to go into online. stay with me though I dont want to talk to anyone else about this.
I'll still be here.