Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am in need of a Civil Rights, Personal injury Attorney,and…

Customer Question
I am in need of...
I am in need of a Civil Rights, Personal injury Attorney,and or how to find the attorney to deal w/my case. I am a single woman in her 50's who lived alone. Granted my story is very complicated and long,to long to tell it all in the amount there is.As such I will try to tell the highlights so that hopefully it can be understood that I need and area of expertise. I was robbed,but not before two drug addicts attacked my home,woke out of a sound sleep and forcably entered,assualting me,as well as gaining access of a rifle I had in the house. 2 911 calls were made I was aware of,while later I learned one prior warning them not to go to my home and discredited varying stories they had that included their residence,after claiming they lived there and were buying my home.Nearly 5 acres,and a home in itself they could not afford to even rent.The femal,18/a 4mo. baby by a male who took her at 15 frm the area and out of the state,for her to return preg,go on welfare,having quit school,and having conected to the male shortly before,24,on SSI,due to drug and alcohol reltated injuries.This male,w/the ability to enable him to get away w/or infact let in with help by the deputy most involve in this ordeal would be arrested aprox 6 mo.s later for basically the same thing and convicted,to do time.Yet already had a record of the same kind of issues.Yet I was arrested,and charged w/assualt w/a deadly weapon,when I access my rights to an attorney when this deputy was angered I refused to conceed to lies he demanded I say happened.Forced to watched handcuffed as these addicts were allowed into my home by this deputy after it had been secured and locked up,while brought by the girls grandmother,despite herself having been shot in some type of issue,place also the baby of 4 mo.s in this.Having also had custody of her Gdaughter,when she left at 15,and her address was on record claimed for welfare benefits,ect.This deputy assulted me upon entering the jail inside the secured garage.To after target me,causing undue,unneccessary harm,getting some thrill out of it. I was denied all my rights in jail,including medical rights to care,that denied me medications brought w/me,nearly giving me a stroke.The deputy so dangerous,tried to alledge I pulled a gun at them,when call out of my home at the end of huge rifle aimed to kill had I made a wrong move.This turned into nightmare,when at the time I was dealing w/a bio father who had various terminal illnesses,w/my mother having died,and a strange crazy woman attached herself to him to alledge having married him falsely,w/many concerning things,to have a heart attack I was dealing w/him in a induced coma,w/this woman now refusing to let any of family know,learning frm a 3rd party,for him to die and forced to learn the same way.While my adopted Pop,94 still drivng my mom to town to eat,evry day,that had become seriously dangerous and needing help they were not getting,that infact resulted in he actually dying and brought back to life,and on life support.Yet I when released after it proved it my home and such for 12 yrs,I was appointed an attorney,but denied any access to him,needed legal advice and kept me trapped frm dealing w/seriously importnt things,that caused serious harm.It 3 mo.s when before the court I complained tothe court,to find this attorney recuse himself due to conflt of intrest,clearly he had no bothered w/cases to even know,I know not mine.The second worse,that jumped frm co. to co.wanting me to meet him minutes before a court hearing,yet had no time to,to have court in another co.he was late for.the Record reflects constant complaints,as well as forcing him to meet w/me,to try to work it out,that was agreed impossible,yet still stuck w/him.The wk prior he had done nothing,left a mess. a wk prior to trial,then blamed me for his not being ready,as he had not done anything about witnesses,met w/me or anything.And during it all,the judge,who opposed me in my divorce,now a judge,waited to trial to recuse himself,know such but acting only at the last minute,for the next to have been opposing councel in my stepsons custody case,ignored my complaints my attorney was not prepared for trial,infact I had to bring all I could think of,he needed.Yet,my charge was a feloney,assult w/a deadly weapon,that no ability to take to trial,but leverage used to force me to bargin a plea,i refused ready to go to trial,yet they knew there no case,yet the very issue of why I was put thru this,had it held ovr my head,was dismissd.A missed court date,hving unaccess to my attorney,was a failure to appear that got quashed.yet used to railroad me into a insane felony conviction,taking my fathers death as nothing,and any reason for bail to begin w/for a false charge of a felony holding serios time,yet dismissed,but determined to make me a criminal,despite I had already been harmed by this attempt charge me w/that I was innocet,only to disregard and feel irregardless I could be made a felon anyway.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/6/2012
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
N Cal Attorney
The Experts here cannot represent you, but you can get a free consultation from some of the civil rights lawyers listed by location at
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/Civil-Rights/Washington

I hope this information is helpful.
This case involves having been assaulted by the Deputy(law enforcement)as well as his attempt to both lie and desire to target me,for mere desire to cause fear and intimidation.The fact that the entire issue this case was brought on proved to be falsely arrested,while subjecting me to all the above and jail,expense of bail,appointed attorney's who failed miserably to desire more than to show at hearings,yet not w/me,and being paid as lawyers defending those w/out ability to pay.While failing to access obtainable evidence,and a variety of errors which contradict law.The entire ordeal forced me to have to be seen at the ER,trapped unable to access representation,my fathers death and estate issues forced to go under,because of this.While such neglegence served to let the person involve to go free,while go on to rob again that was caught,aprox 6 mo.s later,which he was convicted,and had had a record of the very same already.Yet I the victim was pursicuted,prosicuted,but the actual prosecuting was done on a issue that should/nor would have arose had this misjustice occurred,and determination that while not even a case originally claimed and charged,was insistant in still finding one that could be seen as a crime,and in such used a quashed failure to appear,that the court had QUASHED,to go back after the fact and use it to prosicute this bail jumping as a crime that never should have been a issue to begin with,bail or need to come up w/such,innocent of the crime.While jockeying of judges took place also,one having heard it right to trial,then jumped out on recusing of himself,for the one taking it,as well having been involved in a case also,while the finding of guilty was also above legal stipulated amounts,intended to reep financially clearly Co. funds,thru improper means. Basically taking a innocent person,who was victimized,to further victimize them after already causing irreperable harm.It cost me the lost of my home and property,took my civil rights to vote and have a fire arm,ability to work or volenteer in certain capacities ect. I need more info on what type this case would be applicable for,more info on attorney's,while my outrage and desire to show how this is a severe risk and determent to society as a whole,and hope to take it public,but want to secure a competent attorney before pursuing.
What you describe sounds like a civil rights case. Here is the basic statute:
Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
42 US Code § 1983, from
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1983
N Cal Attorney

in trying to retain an attorney,to represent me and given this I believe also a civil rights issue. I however have concerns of some very real threats to my own safety and retaliations,within my own county. It seems that it has been such that not simply the Good ole Boys mentality,is already and has clearly been more than blantent,and I experienced personally when forced to represent myself and act Pro Se,in my divorce several yrs back.It existed to which new attorney's had difficulty being able to break into it,it being a small community w/its own politics,and agendas,which being not from or born here,yet now 20 yrs resident. My mere need to survive and enable me ability to keep my home,w/a child I had responsibility for and to raise,forced me to do that which most would not attempt,and stand toe to toe,with a pro. attorney,and held to the same standards as the attorney,before the court. And yet as difficult and stressful as it was to crash course learning the law,I was forced to do in order to do so,and determination to defend my rights,w/belief then in that the law would prevail,and that infact justice was just.I learned quickly that just the fact that I was willing to put my fear aside and proceed,and not willing to give up despite countless efforts to force me to do so,beating me up,repeatively forcing me to return to court in attempts that i would give up and go away.Resorting to such that we appeared before the court on a issue brought by him that he had not even severed me,nor allowed the timely manner for a response.But stood before the court and claimed he had,while the judge failed to question him or to provide proof of such,which I would have had to and had previously.To be certain to then wait for the mail delivery and person to deliver the mail,and have the document,which was not just delivered after the hearing,dated and had not been even mailed but the day before.He kept such things up,to which when trial arrived,for that of having to schedule witnesses,and plead my case based on the time which had long before been reserved,and set for a specific length,to accomidate it,when he had been apposing another attorney far more equipted at such than myself,yet I had to do my best w/that already set. However, it common practice that any editing of such scheduled time set on the Court calender,when another attorney would be involved,involved them not just consulted,but agreeable to,before the Court Clerk could or would do so.Yet while knowing such,she assumed that such had been done approperately w/the same ethical respect to me as would be done w/any other who was an actual attorney,and when in the midst of the first day,be faced w/the judge cutting the trial short,having gone by the attorney's intentional deceptive use of or abuse of that he knew was a manipulating the Court Clerk,having rationally assumed he had infact addressed to me and I knew and agreed to. So my call prior to ensure that the Trial was on and as scheduled,was told me it was,however not concieving nor knowing that I had never been privy to the issue that this attorney had underhandedly even used her to get a shorting time of trial,that severely effected my case,and work I had gone to to schedule things and presentation before the court,to fit the time I had known it to be required available to do so.While I certainly spoke up and it a shock to me,while tactic by him,to which the Judge automatically assumed I had failed in my responsiblity to contact his clerk to check that trial was on and as scheduled. It was necessary that he check w/his clerk and did not believe me,to learn infact that I had done so responsibly. To then order another FULL day,that was scheduled at a future date,based on his own ordering of specifically a full day,and dble checked by his clerk,then set. Yet again when it came time,at time for break for lunch and the short end of the day,the Judge himself,called another end to trial,he himself argued his own ordering of set time,was not such that he himself had ordered,to which the additional time was clearified. The attorney in this,turns out to be the very Judge who sat on the bench over my case in this,to then recuse himself at the last minute.The issue that I saw it thru and went to and thru trial,raised much notice w/in the local Legal system,especially when certain attempts by the attorney to try another tactic,which was not consistant w/rulings by the judge,whether hessitantly agreed on to make appearances of justness,but rulings just the same. It did not sit well when rational arguements against slipping in certain extras,not either consistant w/the courts rulings,or other but to slide additional benefits towards his clients,seriously one sided.Forcing me to argue strongly against such as not just unjust,improper,but contradicting to even the Judges own rulings that proved no respect for the ruling regardless if I agreed w/it or not,that I had to abide by and accept.While before a court rm of local attorneys waiting for their turn to have their cases issues heard.This clearly failed to sit well w/my opposing attorney,now judge,and those who outside the courtroom were buddies w/him,that while I gained respect frm certain ones,and mostly that of having not been welcome to the arena of theirs.Not for a minute do I believe those then forgot me or this,and while not common,not such I recommend,but out of desperation to hold on to what little I had left of my lifetime spent earning that my ex did not come in w/but such that he had severe debts,and yet walked away w/far more than he had in a short 18 mo. marriage.It provides for such,the law,yet despite such,it has quite varying repercussions,as well as teaches one,when in it,that the law is not always played by ethical people,or respect for the law their objective,let alone conscience.Attorneys can be very shocking when seen behind the lines,and one is like a fly on the wall overhearing and observing,before becoming such that is known by sight ect.But while I started my life over and in such resided in a low profile life of which I led raising my child and other involvements,responsiblities ect. Yet this remains remembered,and I have had people state things to me,in regards XXXXX XXXXX that an attorney has remarked to them about,and me,that stems from such. Meanwhile the Attorney's career rose frm such to Commisoner,to Superior Court Judge.While I basically remained out of all and not visable being to busy w/my own life. Yet even when in jail on this issue and finally able to meet w/the Public Defender,who back then had came in to begin his practice,to which was locked out by the same politics and Good Ole Boys,who would not speak to him nor welcoming at all. Who I had retained for another issue,which I wanted someone not connected thickly w/that of the same Good ole boys,and yet had some compentancy.Given I knew one who was in deep w/it all,and grew up here,to have practiced since getting his law degree.Yet who nearly lost it all,practice,family and else,thru alcoholizm,and forced into treatment and then AA,to which he had to be humbled,in the process.And who was struggling to regain some kind of stability both in his practice and private life,and relationships,that required he adhere to a 12 step program,and its principles,in all aspects of his life.Normally quite ego filled person,and he also involved in this intententional ignoring any welcome of newcomers to the local Boys practicing law.I made point to call him on the issue and this new attorney's freeze-out. Breaking loose an in for the new one on the block,that he took advantage of happily. To find him having benefitted then and ongoing to thrive and become someone he forgot about when he could not get a toe in the door.To immediately recognize him some decade and half and he quite full of himself,while becoming the very kind of person and attorney he had objected to before.It becoming quite scary to be faced w/all these legal faces and people who have dominated the county legal arena.Who have power to do or not do things as they want as they came to possitions of power. Just the factor of the Judge having been so adamently involved in my case that had become almost unheard of someone doing,let alone managing to have done so w/some ability to shock various people in that I took it seriously,it clearly had a great deal riding on it that included my own child future and security. While I personally a person who does believe in truth,honesty and have the character that I beleive and believed it immaterial that of which was improper,unethical or down right contradicting to what anyone having any respect of the law,and it stands for,I refused to do anything but guided by own concience and the fact that the court of law demands those in it be honest and truthful,and abide by the law.Maybe I a strange dinasor,and niave in the sense of those who see such as being almost stupidity given the climate of society and caos in life today,that people have to lie,cheat,use and abuse every system,and people in them,to gain things to which are thought of highest importance and value to most.I however believe living w/out feeling destroying ones character,integrity and dignity,for the personal gains monatarily that benefits them and percieved as success,fails to be my belief system and instead not being willing to give up or throw away these vurtues,always will be the highest success of ones lives,while maybe ones life far more humble and w/out all the bling people seem to need.

So there is great importance that I feel that to seek representation w/in my own legal area,and already having experiencing such as when I had to be seen in the ER after injured from assualt by the deputy,and harm caused me,which when processed to be seen,I given a victims report that required the attending Dr. in the ER to have to sign it.But he took a immediate the possition he refused,that was relayed to me by the nurse attending me.He was adament about it and I am sure elected not to get involve.I handled it by informing his nurse that he had that choice,and could refuse,however that the form would be sent in w/his name and Identification info.,and clarified he refused to do so despite having seen and examined me,for the suffered injuries,and such put him in the possition to have to defend why he choose to refuse despite all,arising from such and caused by me by what was immaterial whether it a thug on the street or a emplyed deputy on our local Sheriffs dept.While his own oath and responsiblity was that he could not be bias or discriminate,just because the person wore a badge or not. Put as such,he clearly feared repurcussions and decided I was to be told he had changed his mind and conceeded to agreeing to sign it that had to be sent on to the state.So,its became clear from the start that I faced full on opposition from all who had any involvement or faced w/having to deal in anyway anything in regards XXXXX XXXXX ordeal.In all honesty,I have personal fears that our local finest,has no sense of limits to anything they will do to ensure to keep outwardly a sense that they are working for the community and it welfare,while such is far from either the truth,and there a general climate of mistrust and fear to even involve our local law enforcement,even when suffered of all kinds of things,by those who exist surviving on preying on others of society.They have gotten only more incompetent,while far more aggressive and under equipt for more than that which most find adreniline filled,and rudely disrespectful to any who insist that the most basic of common sense be used,and it another aspect of they stick together,cover eachs backs and even in such not quite compently at that usually.So while it propably not reasonable to think a civil rights attorney to far from here can or want a case to far out of their area,but there needing for many reasons need to outside this almost Hitler malisa, that regardless just a half hr outside our state capitol,yet operates by a entire belief that they are somehow beyond reach and not accountable to the same rules and laws that even the next Co. is or should be.It being unclear just how a attorney can today work on a case of this kind,and if the physical differnce not as big a deal as I might assume w/that of tecnology and all the teno stuff that enables people to do much more from places once required them to be at a specific location of work,office ect.I having secured various reports that contradict each other,while their authors having experienced the same thing and involved.Recordings that I don't think I was expected to get or even know existed.While other things I know need collecting,that has importance,but concerned to raise the issue I am doing so.So as an attorney who I assume deal with cases of merit,in your field,does it make a great deal of difference as to how far away or where the case is located. And is it unreasonable to concider that such can be that which merits it heard in a differnt venue rather than that of forced to be heard here on the same turf that is infact their own domain,and having some serious issue of concern in regards XXXXX XXXXX sitting on the bench and their ability to be unbias ect? I would greatly appreciate your professional insight on these issues and concerns I have to afford me other than imprisoned in the very problematic system that this has been source of harm because of.

With modern technology, a lot of attorney practice throughout the State.

As to the local court hearing the civil rights case, that will not be an issue if you file the case in Federal District Court, which we hope and assume is more fair and professional than the State court in your County.
Thank you for accepting my answer.
I have filed an appeal,which despite clear contradiction of the law,as an example,the judge who at the last moment,who also had a conflict of intrest/bias,havig been involved in a custody battle w/my stepson which I spent my own $,had been raising,and who when came to me,was sold by his mother,abandoned by his father and the same age of my own child,yet could not read or write,his teeth were rotting out his head and he in pain,while she niether wanted him frm the start,nor after,but retained this attorney to fight aggressively,while I the target.The amounts he fined were clearly outside the statutes,and he failed even to legally qualify his decision.The Appeal Courts refused to hear it.It is then found that the Judge named of record,is the original judge who recused himself at the last minute. While in this Co, and it so small,these judges are but the same Attorney's who have dominated the Good ole Boy system,just now at another level. In my case,it irregardless why I was forced into the Court to begin w/and the fact that such was an injustice,and I the victim,while the criminal/criminals who robbed me were let go to reoffend.My fathers death was almost treated as I had taken some unrealistic vacation,while I had the foresight to bring w/me his death certicate,or even this was not anything the appointed attorney,while not prepared at all,had bothered with.At this time I am facing a sentence,which he imposed,stating such should teach me a lesson.Such,I shocked and inconcieveable to me,as the victim,how such a mentality could be applied or seen.This will be a month,I hope to be able to do by home monitoring,but just the same,I have some serious health issues,which require medical treatments and seeing specialist,which I am fearful that w/such of a device for home monitoring,such might be detected,and I automatically viewed as a criminal,ect.Is this of the Courts of Appeals,what you address as the Fedral Courts?
No, the State Courts of Appeal are separate from the federal Court system.