Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

are their any laws in va about threatening or indecent language…

Customer Question
are their any laws in...
are their any laws in va about threatening or indecent language threw texting
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/6/2012
Criminal Lawyer: J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

Yes.

J.Hazelbaker :

Va.Code § 22.1-279.6 prohibits cyberbullying

J.Hazelbaker :

Va. Code § 18.2-152.7 prohibits causing injury to another through a computer network

J.Hazelbaker :

In addition, the old "standby" crimes of assault, intimidation, and harassment can still be used.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer