Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

i worked for the state of ky. for 16 yrs. there was a personal…

Customer Question
i worked for the state...
i worked for the state of ky. for 16 yrs. there was a personal matter that happened at my home, not at work, i received a citation for posession of marj. i received a possesion of marj. i was fired from the state before i every went to court, they violated my constitional rights has being innocent until proven guilty. i applied for uib august 4th 2011. my conviction of possession of marj was reversed on dec 6 2011, this info has been sent on dec 6th., 2011. i gave my heart and soul to the state for 16 years. i havent done anything wrong. i have always received exceeds and over exceeds on my evaluations. why is my claim still in the appeal process. i deserve my uib.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/4/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Samuel-II : Hi
Samuel-II : I am sorry to hear of this situation.
Samuel-II : But when you talk about the due process of Innocent until Proven guilty that is based on a standard of Beyond a Reasonable doubt
Samuel-II : Employers do not have to adhere to that standard. They have a lower threshold and that is a preponderance of the evidence.
Samuel-II : That means that you only have to be charged and/or arrested
Samuel-II : No conviction is necessary
Samuel-II : If you have an appeal that is filed on the termination, then you need to wait for that ruling.
Samuel-II : If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
JACUSTOMER-502wm76u- :

i sorry i do not accept your answers i feel that the state has violated my constituional rights as human being their are other people drawing uib and they have a criminal record, felons and misdeamors, i have no criminal record.

Samuel-II : Hi
Samuel-II : Im sure you feel that way.
Samuel-II : However, my answer is accurate and true and correct. I don't make the laws
Samuel-II : I only provide information. But you don't have to accept my answer.
Samuel-II : I will opt out and allow another expert to assist you. Maybe there is an expert who can tell you what you want
Samuel-II : Good luck