How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27711
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get the ball rolling on reducing a felony charge in

This answer was rated:

How do I get the ball rolling on reducing a felony charge in the State of Wisconson?
Hello Jacustomer,

Sometimes a prosecutor will overcharge a case and file a weak felony instead of a strong misdemeanor. Usually in those cases an aggressive lawyer can press the state to reduce the charge. It's easier if there's a deal involved. If the prosecutor is going to have to try the case anyhow, he gets no benefit from the reduction. And if the defendant is not guilty, he should go to trial regardless of whether hs is charged with the felony or the misdemeanor.

So, botXXXXX XXXXXne, let your lawyer know why you don't feel the case should be a felony and ask if he can get you a misdemeanor offer.

Zoey_ JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you