How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 30352
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was accused of a crime several years ago in Kansas. I was

Resolved Question:

I was accused of a crime several years ago in Kansas. I was arrested, but the charges were dropped. There was no trial or anything and I was never even arrainged. How do I go about getting this off of my record? It doesn't have anything on the record but an arrest.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you were never convicted, you can file a petition to have the arrest removed from your record. Here is an example of the forms used in Sedgewick County.

If you're in another county, try calling the clerk of the court or the DA to see if they have forms available online, or you can draft a Petition based on the one in that packet.
Lucy, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you