Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

I was accused of a crime several years ago in Kansas. I was

I was accused of a crime several years ago in Kansas. I was arrested, but the charges were dropped. There was no trial or anything and I was never even arrainged. How do I go about getting this off of my record? It doesn't have anything on the record but an arrest.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you were never convicted, you can file a petition to have the arrest removed from your record. Here is an example of the forms used in Sedgewick County.
http://sedgwickcounty.org/da/pdf_files/nArrest%20expungement%20instructions.pdf

If you're in another county, try calling the clerk of the court or the DA to see if they have forms available online, or you can draft a Petition based on the one in that packet.