How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been charged with obtaining property under false

Customer Question

My son has been charged with obtaining property under false pretense and instead of going to trial plea bargained for a suspended sentence supervised probation. this happened just today and new court date is March 23rd. If he changes his mind to take it to trial before March 23 can he do that?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow ups and my replies because I am typing out my answer, or taking a quick break.
Has his matter already been adjudicated, or is set to be adjudicated at a later date?
If he has agreed to do this at a later date and the Court has not yet finalized his plea, then he may be able to retract his plea deal without the DA forcing it, although if he has already signed all the paperwork, it may be hard to do.
However, if he has already had the Court adjudicate and seal the plea agreement, I am afraid it is too late.
I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you need more information, please use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction. There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, if we continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated. You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time: