How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Guru Your Own Question
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have battery significant other misdemeanor first time conviction

Customer Question

i have battery significant other misdemeanor first time conviction in June 2002 and would like to have it expunged, but the south San Diego court, where the conviction was, is doing nothing. Do I need a lawyer to do this ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 5 years ago.
The San Diego County Public Defender's Office will help you with the expungement. You need to fill out the following application and submit it to the Public Defenders Office:

Here is their contact info and further information about expungements in San Diego County: