Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am a former militarypoliceman,policeofficer,and newyorkstatecorrectionofficer.back

Customer Question
in 2007 while suffering from...
I am a former militarypoliceman,policeofficer,and newyorkstatecorrectionofficer.back in 2007 while suffering from serve injurys and bad drinking problem I was charge with child porn send to jail and now on federal probation I was told by my po facebook would not allow me to join.and also today I install a monitoring software in my pc to make sure I am doing the right thing which is ok by me and i am sober now 4yrs.is it true face book has a rule no sexoffenders. allow on site and can probation legalie tell me to stay off of any sites In new york I am condser a leval 1 and my information is not posted anywhere thank you for your time.

[email protected]
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Nate, Lawyer
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

Facebook does have that rule. How well they enforce it is another question altogether. Probation can certainly govern what websites you can go on. They have great latitude in setting the supervision rules. If you want to change those requirements you would have to file a motion to modify your probation and get back before the judge to make the final decision.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

Thanks!
Nate, Lawyer
Nate, Lawyer