Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My daughter was recently arrested for Theft by deception from

Customer Question
her employer. The amount...
My daughter was recently arrested for Theft by deception from her employer. The amount was $150. Does she need a lawyer for the court date (March 5). This is her first offense.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Nate, Lawyer
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

I strongly suggest you get a lawyer. A theft conviction is as bad as a felony and you don't want this on her criminal record. It will greatly limit her employment and education opportunities in the future. With a lawyer, it is possible you can get a resolution if this that keeps this off her record. A lawyer can negotiate with the DA (the judge just accepts the plea) and get this eventually dismissed.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

Thanks!
Nate, Lawyer