Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

The Kentucky cyber crimes division found a lot of child porn…

Customer Question
The Kentucky cyber crimes division...
The Kentucky cyber crimes division found a lot of child porn on my computer, I was molested by a neighbor and my mother never turned him in. we just moved. Years later, my daughter was molested by a neighbor and my wife never told me about it until after we moved. My intent was to try and figure out some way to identify those responsible for the videos I downloaded. I had no intent to distribute these videos and, truthfully didn't know it was illegal to download, i just thought it was illegal to distribute.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
How was the porn discovered on your computer?
I don't know. It is the cyber crimes division and it was found however they do it.
If this was a contact by email or some sort of pop up message it sounds like it may be a scam. Do not respond. You may also want to leave the investigations to professionals and reformat your hard drive to get rid of the porn.
This is not a scam. They came to my door with a warrent and took two of my computers, a desk unit and a laptop.
That was not clear from your initial question. The mere possession of child pornography, in and of itself, even without intent to distribute, is a serious crime. If the authorities have already seized your computers and equipment it is time to get legal representation in place.
That is not an answer. I already knew that I needed an attorny
What I am telling you is that your informal investigation is not going to be a valid defense to possession of child pornography. I assume that is the crux of your question. That is what I was trying to tell you. I am sure you already know you need an attorney. It is certainly possible the warrant was defective. That is for your own attorney to look into.
Loren, Lawyer