Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If i have an old girlfriend texting me every few days or calling…

Customer Question
If i have an old...
If i have an old girlfriend texting me every few day's or calling me and leaving me nice messages on my voice mail and still get a harassment order against her. I have told her to leave me alone
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/26/2012
Criminal Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: is she threatening you with personal harm?
NO everything she says is nice
Thank you. Then there is no legal basis for a restraining order from in that sense.

However, you can contact the police department and file telephone harassment charges.

You can also contact your phone company and file a complaint about the calls/texts coming from her number.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer