Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can a state bank that is covered by the federal reseve/FDIC…

Customer Question
Can a state bank that...
Can a state bank that is covered by the federal reseve/FDIC have an executive officer that is a convicted felon?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/25/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

It's possible. There are no laws against it. It would be "policy" of the bank. If the bank has such a policy not to have felons employed, then they need to follow that

Sam :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-mr2g1ooc- :

You cannot work for the FDIC and have a felony can you?

Sam :

They have a policy against it.

Sam :

But that is not a law.

Sam :

And so banks can have a policy against hiring felons

Hi

There are federal laws that prohibit certain criminals who have been convicted of certain crimes from working in Securities, banks, etc. But not necessary all felons are precluded automatically.