Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My 17 year old granddaughter was hit in the back of the head…

Customer Question
My 17 year old granddaughter...
My 17 year old granddaughter was hit in the back of the head several times on the school bus by some girls that had been bulling her for some time. My granddaughter stood up and hit the girls back and was knocked to the floor and stomped on. Long story short all girls were suspended and bus to different schools with the exception of my granddaughter who still remains out of school 5 weeks later. Later that afternoon my granddaughter and her friends were jumped by the same group of girls and defended their selves. Apparently, the fight was planned by the other girls as there were facebook post and twitter posts referring to the fight, time and place. As it tuns out my granddaughter and her friends took the brunt of fault. BotXXXXX XXXXXne is that we do not know who to turn to to get my granddaughter back in school. If we should get an attorney to fight the charges. Where to find an attorney to represent a juvenile.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/20/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Nate, Lawyer
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

First, if no one has done it yet, you need to get someone who knows how to take screen shots / pictures of the Facebook statuses showing the attack was planned.

Second, an attorney would certainly be helpful to her. While we cannot recommend specific lawyers on the site (we cannot endorse attorneys), I can point you in the right direction to find counsel who can work to get her back in school. I suggest you do a couple things. Contact the state bar's lawyer referral service. They can put you in touch with multiple referrals to discuss the case with. The other is to go to the website www.martindale.com. This is the site lawyers use when needing to find other lawyers to associate with on a case. They rate lawyers both by their peers and their clients. The best lawyers are going to be rated "AV".

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

Thanks!
Nate, Lawyer