Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

HI, I WAS ARRESTED ON 01/24/2012 FOR 524PC (ATTEMTED EXTORTIOAN) IN

Customer Question

HI,
I WAS ARRESTED ON 01/24/2012 FOR 524PC (ATTEMTED EXTORTIOAN)
IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY. THE SHERIFFS AND DETECTIVES HAD SEARCH
WARRANT AND WARRANT FOR MY ARREST.
THEY IMPOUNDED MY WIFE'S VAN AND LOTS OF IPHONE, IPAD2 AND
COMPUTER, LAPTOPS AND MISCL. ITEMS BUT NOTHING ILLEGAL OR BAD
STUFF, WHEN CAN I ASK MY STUFF BACK AND WHAT ARE THE CHARGES
FOR CONVINCTIONS.
NO ONE EVER READ MY MIRANDA RIGHTS NOR THEY GAVE ME ANY COPY
OF ANYTHING.
I HAVE NEVER COME CLOSE DOING OR HIRING ANYBODY
TO DO ANYTHING, IT'S ALL BS TRYING TO STOP MY FOR NOT APPEARING THE
COURT AND THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL.
PLEASE, GIVE ME AS MUCH INFORMATION AS YOU CAN. THANK YOU.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.

If you are presently being charged with a crime and your property was impounded because of that case, then you can expect that they are likely lookiing for evidence which they believe will substantiate the charges. If they find anything they will want to hang on to it as evidence, and if any of it is determined to be the means or the fruit of a crime, they will not be returned. Otherwise, if they turn up nothing that relates these items to the offense, they should give them back after the investigation.

If you are a defendant on a felony matter the last people in the world you should be pestering are the police. You probably have a lawyer for the criminal matter, and if you don't, you'd be very wise to get one as soon as you can. But in any case, let him call the DA and the police to inquire into the return of your property. Anything you say to them, including things you may think are not harmful at all, can be used against you if you talk to the authorities. Anyhing your lawyer calls and asks, cant be.