Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am trying to get grandparents rights to visitation and the

I am trying to get grandparents rights to visitation and the judge is reading the original statute and saying that it does not apply because they were not married. I sent him caselaw from the southern appeals court that says that it applies even if they were not married. He says that is an old decission and needs us to find a newer ruling before he would be able to hear the case and not just dismiss it. Can you find a newer caselaw to site to him?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

What decision are you citing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am citing Case in the matter of C.F.R., 796S.W. 2d 423 Missouri appeals Southern Division
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
I cannot seem to find that case. What year was that opinion rendered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1990
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I am sorry to say that I cannot find any case law that would be in your favor. It does not mean that it does not exist, but I cannot find any. What I have reviewed backs section 452.402. I am sorry.

Cases reviews:

Tompkins v. Ford, 135 SW 3d 508 - Mo: Court of Appeals, Western Dist. 2004

Keeran v. Myers, 172 SW 3d 466 - Mo: Court of Appeals, Southern Dist., 2nd Div. 2005

Blakely v. Blakely, 83 SW 3d 537 - Mo: Supreme Court 2002

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you need more information, please use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction. There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, if we continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.