How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102141
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to get grandparents rights to visitation and the

Resolved Question:

I am trying to get grandparents rights to visitation and the judge is reading the original statute and saying that it does not apply because they were not married. I sent him caselaw from the southern appeals court that says that it applies even if they were not married. He says that is an old decission and needs us to find a newer ruling before he would be able to hear the case and not just dismiss it. Can you find a newer caselaw to site to him?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

What decision are you citing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am citing Case in the matter of C.F.R., 796S.W. 2d 423 Missouri appeals Southern Division
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
I cannot seem to find that case. What year was that opinion rendered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I am sorry to say that I cannot find any case law that would be in your favor. It does not mean that it does not exist, but I cannot find any. What I have reviewed backs section 452.402. I am sorry.

Cases reviews:

Tompkins v. Ford, 135 SW 3d 508 - Mo: Court of Appeals, Western Dist. 2004

Keeran v. Myers, 172 SW 3d 466 - Mo: Court of Appeals, Southern Dist., 2nd Div. 2005

Blakely v. Blakely, 83 SW 3d 537 - Mo: Supreme Court 2002

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you need more information, please use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction. There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, if we continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.
Ely and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you