How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What recourse do I have from an out of state private wine buyer

Resolved Question:

What recourse do I have from an out of state private wine buyer who has not sent the wine I purchased for $5000. This was a collectable wine from a private individual. It was paid thru PayPal on the internet. States involved were Texas and California.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. What happened when you filed a dispute with PayPal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its up in the air and waiting their investigation. It should work out ok however I wondered what recourse would I have if I never got my product purchased or my money returned.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Was the purchase made online through the seller's website?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Purchase was made thru private website.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
You could sue the seller in small claims court (in the state where the seller is located) or you could report the matter to IC3. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant.

A complaint for investigation can be filed at this link:

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
JB Umphrey and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you