Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am on probation right now, and have been off causing my…

Customer Question
I am on probation right...
I am on probation right now, and have been laid off causing my accounts to overdraft and checks to bounce. I also have an abdominal hernia that is to be repaired shortly. Therefore I will be unable to work for awhile. What should I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Is your PO requiring that you work? Did you knowing bounce these checks and can you cure the problem?

I am trying to get a loan, but can seem to get one.
Your inability to work as a result of your medical condition, to eliminate any problem your PO has with you needing to hold a job. As far as the issues with the checks, it could be an issue if you knowing bounced the checks and wrote them in bad faith. It would be at the discretion of the person to file charges against you, so before they do, you may want to try and work out a payment plan. While you could be looking at prison time, it is at the discretion of the Judge and prosecutor to request that sentence, if you are found to be in violation. There are other alternative besides prison but you should make an effort to resolve the issue with the outstanding money owed as a result of the bad checks.