How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27198
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on probation right now, and have been off causing my

Customer Question

I am on probation right now, and have been laid off causing my accounts to overdraft and checks to bounce. I also have an abdominal hernia that is to be repaired shortly. Therefore I will be unable to work for awhile. What should I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Is your PO requiring that you work? Did you knowing bounce these checks and can you cure the problem?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am trying to get a loan, but can seem to get one.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
Your inability to work as a result of your medical condition, to eliminate any problem your PO has with you needing to hold a job. As far as the issues with the checks, it could be an issue if you knowing bounced the checks and wrote them in bad faith. It would be at the discretion of the person to file charges against you, so before they do, you may want to try and work out a payment plan. While you could be looking at prison time, it is at the discretion of the Judge and prosecutor to request that sentence, if you are found to be in violation. There are other alternative besides prison but you should make an effort to resolve the issue with the outstanding money owed as a result of the bad checks.