CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Can licensing agencies see sealed juvenile records even if

Can licensing agencies see sealed juvenile records even if they don't show up on an FBI background check at the sealing order specifically states that the offender does not have to disclose the records to ANY agency?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

No, they would not be able to. If it does not show up on a FBI background check, it certainly would not show up on one done by a licensing agency. Moreover, if the order specifically stated that the offender does not have to disclose this, it would be very hard for them to know anything is there. Even if they did see something, they would need to go to court and obtain an order from the Judge, allowing them to look into this record.