Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was arrested in 1993 for auto theft. My court lawer told

Customer Question
me if i plead guilty...
I was arrested in 1993 for auto theft. My court lawer told me if i plead guilty i would only be charged with a class c misdemeanorn, unauthorized use of a motor vehical. Here 20 years later i find that in 1994 texas law defined a class c misdemeanor as a state jail felony. The wording felony information shows up on my background search. This reclassification after the fact has limited my ability to secure several job opportunities. Do i have any legal recourse to have this changed or has enough time lapsed to have the case expunged?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer

meigs004 : Hello! I can definitely assist you with this question
meigs004 : I will wait for you to return to the chat so that we may speak more efficiently
Meigs
Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer