How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20301
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am pleading guilty for embezzlement and grand theft should

This answer was rated:

If I am pleading guilty for embezzlement and grand theft should I get a lawyer or go with a public defender, if I have little to no money?

If you cannot afford an attorney and you qualify based on your income and assists, a public defender is qualified and competent to assist you in your criminal defense. You say you are pleading guilty, but before you do so you most definitely want to consult with a criminal defense attorney and have them represent you in an effort to gain a plea agreement prior to your plea. If you do not feel comfortable with your public defender, then your only other choice would be to hire your own attorney.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.

Marsha411JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you