Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

what is the difference between dui and dwi?

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/2/2012
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
In TN, none really. IN the past it was called DUI in TN but in 2003 they changed it to DWI, with the "I" standing for Impaired.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer