How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Grandson assaulted me two years and is pastand is threatning

Resolved Question:

My Grandson assaulted me two years and is pastand is threatning me with exposeing me
for a crime I commited 55years ago,before he was ever bonrn what can I do to protect
myself against this grandson he is twenty nine years old
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. Please clarify: where you prosecuted for this crime that occurred 55 years ago?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I was given a conviction for two years
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
What type of "protection" are you seeking?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

that he stops his action as I have lived a livfe free of any accusations

i need has a 82 year old man that he will not be able with this attitude

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
As a general matter, a criminal conviction is a public record. There is no legal wrong in that public information being shared with others.

You can ask a local attorney to write a cease and desist letter to your grandson telling him to knock it off. However, if push comes to shove and your grandson still goes public, you really can't sue him for disclosing truthful information that is considered to be a public record.

Hopefully a cease and desist letter from a local attorney will be enough to get him to stop. It's the most you can do.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
JB Umphrey and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you