How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27063
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Fran I have worked for many years in state and university setting

Resolved Question:

Fran I have worked for many years in state and university setting as a clinician in social services. I was retired from that worked due to a car accident, leaving me paralyzed from the legs in a wheel chair permanently,I raised myself and became an internet marketer and business owner. I have raised my children, one a Master level student, The other a federal employee. I believe I can appeal a case in the interest of Justice. Would the first step be requesting another certificate of good conduct to see the results and appeal
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.

I believe that you have a compelling argument that at this point -- and you're no longer even living in New York -- it's not very much to ask of the DA's Office. Also, New York's drug laws have recently been relaxed at long last to make incarceratory sentences and penalties less than they used to be. So that too would argue for some relief for you at this point in time for a job well done.

Good luck, and happy new year!

Zoey_ JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you