How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27438
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of Arkansas is there a time limit on taking a

Resolved Question:

In the state of Arkansas is there a time limit on taking a 4yr old DWI case back to court? I have been doing my homework and found several, several loop-ho;es iin my case. It would mean getting a felony dropped off my record.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.

If you are asking whether you can appeal a 4 year old conviction, the answer is that you are well past the window of opportunity to appeal this matter. You have to file an notice of appeal within 30 days of the conviction.

Four years down the road, about the only way you could reopen the case to get it dismissed is if you just came into possession of new evidence which was not available at the time of the trial and which, had it been known, would have called the case to have been decided differently.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Zoey_ JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you