How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear General Expert, I need help with... knowing how someone

Customer Question

Dear General Expert, I need help with... knowing how someone can just go get a warrent on you if you havent done anything wrong to them?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: did the person witness you engage in criminal conduct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the person got a warrent on me for harrassing commications when i put on the computer to the world , that i said i was happy when her husband died,because her husband had died and i am happy, because he had shot my x husband,husband at the time tho,and he was my x husbands own brother shot him in the head with a 357 hand gun killing him, even tho i revived him and i got p.t.s.d from the tramitic thing of it all and she was not even married to him or even knew him till years later,because he was not given any jail time, parole or anything and my x husband has been sentenced to a wheelchair for life and only one eye,and like i said i have p.t.s.d for life along with major panic attacks and depression, and she wants me to say that i am sorry for saying on the computer that i was glad when he died about a yr. ago from drinking his self to death.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Have you seen a copy of the police report?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
As a part of the case, your lawyer will be able to request and obtain a copy of the police reports that were created prior to the warrant being issued. Once you have those report(s) to review, you'll be able to see what information was given to the police and what they relied upon in deciding to seek a warrant. Those police reports should be your missing link. With those reports, then you and your lawyer will be in a better position to decide how you'll go about fighting the charges.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.