How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of a felony in Iowa 22 years ago. It was a

Customer Question

I was convicted of a felony in Iowa 22 years ago. It was a convictiont of 3 DUI's. I would like to get a pardon, I have not had any convictions or been in trouble since. I have worked at the same company for 21 years and do not want them involved but I would need to include them in the clemency application. Plus since it has been 22 years I do not remember the people involved in the case like prosecuter and some have moved on or passed away. Is there a way I could get the pardon with the application?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, a mandatory part of the process is the completion of the application to the best of your ability. Having said that, there are ways that you can complete the form. For example, you mentioned that you do not recall the prosecutor involved in the case. As to that, simply list the office that handled the prosecution. For example, you might list "Linn County Office of the Prosecuting Attorney".


In short, you will need to fill out the application to the best of your ability to obtain the requested relief.


Please let me know if anything requires clarification.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.