How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

36 year old sexual battery case

Customer Question

36 year old sexual battery case, state fla. moved to ok. 10 years ago and was told i had to reg. as sex offender. those laws changed. have completed 10 years of registration in the state of ok. ruling is in, lawyer are getting hundreds off list now...BUT you must file a motion to district court asking to be removed, they will not just take you off list. standard fee for ok city lawyer is five thousand dollars. I can not afford to pay that, I want to file motion my own. question; what motion do i file? etc.. sure lawyers here have a prettymuch standered motion they file or either would just add my name to list of clients.. anyway.. how do i file? what do i file? thanks morris XXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Pursuant to the rules of Just Answer, we are not permitted to provide actual pleadings as this would come too close to what might be considered representation. However, we can certainly provide some avenues to assist you.


First, you should consider speaking with other attorneys. While one attorney might charge $5,000, you may very well be able to find an attorney to do the same thing for much less. If you are interested, you might begin with your state bar association. The Oklahoma State Bar has a website, it is located at


I do not know your county of residence but your county bar association likely has a similar site that will be more specific to your location. A quick Google search will locate the appropriate bar association. For example, you might search "cleveland county bar association".


Additionally, Martindale Hubbell is a national organization that rates attorneys across the country. Their website is located at


Another nationwide website is located at This site lists attorneys by geographic location and area of practice.


Each of these resources will have a wealth of information as to attorneys in your area that handle such cases. I would suggest you check each site out and you will surely find a great number of attorneys that meet your needs. Pick a few to meet with in person so that you can thoroughly explain your situation and then retain the one that you feel can best represent your interests.


If you cannot find an attorney to suit your needs, you have other options. You might begin with your public defender's office. The PD may very well have filed similar motions already for their clients. If so, they may be willing to provide a copy for you to use in your case.


Another option would be to check with your clerk of court. If you can locate a name of even one person that has filed this motion, you could request that person's court file. As criminal files are a matter of public record, the clerk will provide it to you. Then simply get a copy of the motion and then type if up for your own case.


Please let me know if anything requires clarification.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.