How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

got a possesion charge in a sting on va. corr. ctr.for women

This answer was rated:

got a possesion charge in a sting on va. corr. ctr.for women prison grounds with marijuana,had my visitation rights taken away,to see my fiance,the love of my life,did my time and paid my fine,courts didnt say i couldnt go back,i wont trying to sneek it in,to get that straight,that same night i got a poss. of crack charge,this was on march 19-20 weekend of this year,im on probation now in chesapeake,va.for this,since this day i have been going to n/a and substance abuse classes,i have written documentation,ive been clean ever since not even a beer,my p.o. said i could go back and visit if the warden said it was alright,i wrote her,she no because of the seriousness of the incident,i gave them no problem during the incident,ill be 9months clean the 20th of dec.,im not going back to that life,im going to write the regional administrator,if that dont work, is there anything else i can do to get my visitation rights back?we will get married when she gets out anyway,which is next dec.29,thank you-mike

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


You can write the director's office for the state department of corrections ( and ask that your visitation rights be reinstated and show that you've changed your ways and have enrolled in rehab, etc.


The director can override the warden's decision, but usually will not do so unless the warden acts unreasonably in his/her decision making.


Possibly you could have more supervision with the visitation, or work out something that will give the dept. of correction assurance that you are clean and there's no fear in you visiting the facility.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
honesty is number one,but,should i tell them im on probation,and why im on it?

Yes, I think you need to be honest with them as they're going to know the reasons - as they have access to that information. It's much better to be open when you're asking for something like this.

Roger and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions