How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am acquainted with a level 2 sex offender from Schenectady

Resolved Question:

I am acquainted with a level 2 sex offender from Schenectady NY. He went to California for 2 months to be with his dying mother and went home then came to Rochester for a few days to visit his daughter. He is being told by a children's division officer that he needs to notify him when ever he goes out of town. He has completed his five years probation and is registered at his home address. He is compliant with doctors and psych meds. Is this true ? Can't find this requirement in online sites.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :


Samuel-II :

If he travels to another part of the state or the country and is planning on staying in another area for longer than 3 days, then everyone must be notified. This would include NY registration officers as well as the police agency in the area where he is staying. If he is staying for 3 days or more, he must then also register with that police department.

Samuel-II :

The information is available via whatever police agency is in the location where he is visiting.

Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you